Welcome to Singapore Cardiac Society (SCS)
The Singapore Cardiac Society was started in 1958 by a group of specialists with special interest in Cardiology working at Outram Road General Hospital. Pioneering physicians like Professors Dhanaraj, E.S. Monterio, Ernest Steven, Sir Gordon Arthur Ransome, Wong Hee Ong, Yong Nen Kiong and Charles Toh started regular clinical sessions to manage patients with cardiac diseases. The membership subsequently expanded rapidly with the addition of Drs MB Ghosh, Loh Tee Fun and Teo Hoon Chow who had interest in the field of Paediatric Cardiology. Drs Yong Nen Kiong and Tan Ngoh Chuan joined the group in 1960 and added Cardiothoracic surgery to the group.
The Singapore Cardiac Society has made great strides in developing the practice of Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery in Singapore. With more Cardiologists, Cardiac Surgeons, Anaesthetists and Researchers from both private and institutional practice joining the Society every year, the Society looks forward to realizing the dreams of its founders in maintaining a high level of cardiac care for Singaporeans.
The mission of the Singapore Cardiac Society is:
- 1. To advance knowledge and practice of cardiovascular medicine in Singapore
- 2. To promote research and publications of medical and scientific works in Cardiovascular medicine.
- 3. To promote regional and international co-operation in cardiovascular medicine.
PRESENT COUNCIL 2022-2023
- President: Asst Prof Toon Wei Lim
- Immediate Past-President: Dr Hean Yee Ong
- Vice-President: Adj Assoc Prof David Foo
- Honorary Secretary: Adj Asst Prof Pow-Li Chia
- Honorary Treasurer: Clin Assoc Prof Jonathan Yap
- Members: Dr Ing Haan Lim, Clin Asst Prof Colin Yeo, Clin Assoc Prof Khung Keong Yeo, Asst Prof Tee Joo Yeo